Q7 4M - Traffic Sign Recognition - non authorised country...
Добро пожаловать на Turbo Quattro.
Показано с 1 по 3 из 3

По умолчанию Q7 4M - Traffic Sign Recognition - non authorised country...

Has anyone been able to successfully get Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) working in a "non-approved" country 100%? With VCP you can update the dataset in A5 camera to enable the TSR feature - without doing this the camera won't pick up any traffic signs and will say "no traffic signs seen" or something similar. Issue is, if you do not see a traffic sign within a few minutes you get "functionality unavailable in this country". If you do see a traffic sign, it will show up on your instrument cluster and then after a few minutes you get the "traffic sign recognition: currently restricted. See owner's manual".

I have tried to run TSR without my MIB2 connected. Hence there is no GPS based data being sent to the A5 camera via predictive route data (PSD). I would have thought it would have started working as it was the GPS info the A5 camera was receiving which was generating the " currently restricted" error message. My understanding is that in Europe, TSR will work in those countries it has been allowed to operate in and then when you drive into a country where it is not allowed, you get the ""traffic sign recognition: currently restricted. See owner's manual".
    Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: wcjzp3.jpg
Просмотров: 882
Размер:	290.2 Кб
ID:	64743Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 4lj8np.jpg
Просмотров: 367
Размер:	288.1 Кб
ID:	64745
    The A5 camera has been configured with its Region as Europe (from the factory delivered like this). There is no region settings in the instrument cluster.

So my question is, how the hell does the A5 camera know that its in the wrong country? Makes me think there might be some country information in the dataset? I don't know what other devices the camera is communicating with. I know it talks to BCM1 for headlight control information but BCM1 doesn't contain country or region information....

thoughts?Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 2vt2vdl.jpg
Просмотров: 351
Размер:	603.1 Кб
ID:	64744

I opened up a spare camera I had and it is based on the Mobileye Q3 SoC (STME-EyeQ 3).... I think there is a GPS in there so everything is happening within the R242 (A5) camera. Fix will be a firmware hack.. Not trivial... JTAG will be the only vector as only firmware update I have seen is via a .FRF and ODIS-S with SVM... I don't know whether FRF can be directly flashed by VCP..

Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: mobileye.jpg
Просмотров: 377
Размер:	365.3 Кб
ID:	64746

I think it is handled by the Virtual Cockpit software. It receives region information and makes the decision.

Ваши права