How to Recover Dead MIB2 High Unit?
Добро пожаловать на Turbo Quattro.
Показано с 1 по 8 из 8
    Новичок

По умолчанию How to Recover Dead MIB2 High Unit?

Hello guys,

I have a MIB2 High unit for Seat. It is same with Discover Pro units. But due to wrong flash actions it is dead. No boot, no lights come up.
    When I access by serial I see only following logs:

IPL: A239 C0,16153A[2016-04-13 13:39:22],J5,PG3.0,GL-S=64(0),RAM=128,RST=9
    CLK: 720/600/400 MHz (ARM/DSP/DDR)
    IOC: 4e33427e 7e7e7e7e 7e7e414e 7e7e7e00
    fb2:ARM=8540000/2 +8BA0000 DSP=BD00000
    *** WARNING: Enabling DSP access to the entire RAM!
    ipl done
    Startup: PL_qnx_startup-jacinto5-v7_Dev_MibJ5_16302A, built 2016/07/26_12-32-47_UTC
    Board: 0000a239.000000c0
    Command: -x 0x87000000,0x01000000 -C 750,0 -wa
    RAM: 128 MB
    FLASH: 64 MB @0x08000000
    DSP loader failed: 4294963292

I have all user and developer firmwares for this unit. Telnet connection not available. Only serial connection. qboot command does not start emergency ifs. I know root passwords. I think I need to upload emergency ifs via zmodem but I do not know how to do this.

I appreciate if someone can give me information to recover this dead unit. I can provide remote access also.

If this is the same as the Audi MIB2 you need to get into IPL mode. To do this, short TTL Tx to ground and restart MIB2. You should see on RCC board "press any key within 5000ms to enter recovery mode" I think, from memory. Quickly put Tx back and press a key. You should then see the IPL menu which has a menu item for zmodem

good luck

Новичок

Thanks it worked. Now I have problem with the diagnostic. I fixed the unit but it is not visible on diagnostic. Do you know which file system controls diagnostic access?

Hi, did you change your firmware? If you did, there is also the CAN chip V850 that most probably needs updating to support that firmware. Google "the connected car - computest".

"The RCC unit is not directly connected to the CAN bus, it has a serial connection (SPI) to a separate chip that handlesall CAN communication. This chip is manufactured by Renesas and uses the V850 architecture"

Новичок

Цитата Сообщение от spyderboyant Посмотреть сообщение
    Hi, did you change your firmware? If you did, there is also the CAN chip V850 that most probably needs updating to support that firmware. Google "the connected car - computest".

"The RCC unit is not directly connected to the CAN bus, it has a serial connection (SPI) to a separate chip that handlesall CAN communication. This chip is manufactured by Renesas and uses the V850 architecture"
    Thanks for the information. I flashed V850 and fixed most of problems. Now I have another dead unit which has a dead MMX. /net/mmx does not exist and it says host is down. SD card is also located under /net/mmx/ so I cannot reach SD card content. That's why I cannot transfer data. Also telnet not working. So I am looking for a way to recover MMX back. In firmware files there are img files under MMX section but no flash address. I have no idea how to proceed. I can access to emergency, and SD card is visible when in emergency mode. I need a trick in this case!

Only way to recover is to desolder the NOR chip on the MMX board and re-flash it with a correct image. Alternatively find the JTAG pins on the MMX board and do the same without the need to desolder the NOR chip. No matter what you will need to open up the MIB2.

Пользователь

which one is the NOR chip ?

Новичок

Цитата Сообщение от chris2011 Посмотреть сообщение
    which one is the NOR chip ?
    I want to learn this as well. Does not anyone know?

Метки этой темы

Ваши права