Hello all
I am trying to revive an MMI 3GP (8R1035670G) that probably was updated badly (I suppose an attempt to update the maps).
The behavior is this: the central unit starts, appears for a few seconds, the Audi logo appear on the display but the button lights remain off, and after a few seconds, the hard drive shuts off (parks the heads).
The hard drive seems in good health: it's not tickling (as a defective hard drive) and the "sound" during boot is normal, like a healthy MMI.
In the boot log does not always appear that the disc goes off. And reading the log I don't see a reason or a particular error. It seems as if there is a timer: time passed, the hard disk starts the shutdown, end of the story. But the timer should be only working when you log in IPL.
I am attaching two different log.
Log2_shutdown not visible.txt
Log1_shutdown visible.txt

The strange thing is that when I connect with IPL do not see the red screen (AppFPGA): the MMI display is completely off.

I tried to manually flash the firmware (fw 614), writing the memory block headers one by one (using flashit commands), but nothing change.
I also tried to install the firmware in "automatic" (deleting the FPGA and IFS-root block headers and restarting with the SD card inserted). The green screen appears and the flash process starts, but when the system should reboot (step 6/8), system reboots from the hard drive, and then after a few moments the hard freezes, as always.
IMG_6263.JPG

Questions:
1) despite the unit is 3GP from an Audi A4, the log shows FPGA_9411.
But it should be 9498 ?? Maybe I'm flashing the bad firmware?

2) where can I see (in the log) which version of firmware is currently installed?

3) this sutdown problem could be a defect of the hard drive? Is there anyone of us was able to replace a hard drive on a MMI 3GP?

Thank you all
Have a good day
Francesco